Oletko miettinyt etupotkijuutta? Potkua tukemalla pääset etupotkijoiden omalle alueelle, jossa asiantuntijat vastaavat kysymyksiin. Lisäksi etupotkijana voit selata Potkua näkemättä yhtään mainosta. Tutustu ja mieti. :)

Tang Soo Do

Korealaiset lajit

Valvoja: Valvoja

anon123
ilmaanpotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 7
Lauteille: Heinäkuu 2020

Tang Soo Do

Viesti anon123 »

oh thanks!
Does anybody here by any chance have trained TSD outside Finland perhaps? I've read there are some schools in UK and other european countries. I will be up for meeting and just practice (although the weather here in Finland is not as friendly just to go to a park...)
Kuvake
Andy
etupotkija
Lauteille: Tammikuu 2005
Etulaji: Potkunyrkkeily
Takalajit: Karate, ju-jutsu
Yhteystiedot:

Tang Soo Do

Viesti Andy »

I believe that the nearest TSD-schools are in Sweden, Täby and Gothenburg cities. In UK there is about 50 TSD-schools. Western european TSD-schools you find here:

https://www.worldtangsoodo.com/newsite/ ... rRegion=11
Antti Sariola

www.instagram.com/fight_coach_andy/
www.facebook.com/anttisariolakbt/

You can play Football, you can play Rugby, but you can't play K1! - Sensei Will Vanders
anon123
ilmaanpotkija

Tang Soo Do

Viesti anon123 »

I'm going to check the one in Pasila but in case they don't practice TSD anymore, do you know of another martial art thought in Finland that is similar? I searched on internet and found one called Seibukan which seems to have similar katas but I'm not sure since is Japanese and not Korean...
Kuvake
Eizei
munillepotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 1
Lauteille: Huhtikuu 2006

Tang Soo Do

Viesti Eizei »

A lot of Seibukan practitioners here who can help you out on that one.

If you want to stick to Korean and like formal training there is a combination you might find interesting. Sabumnim Johannes Hentunen teaches at VMA (Vallgård Martial Arts) both Haedong Kumdo (formal Korean style sword art) and Kudokwan Hapkido (a unique non-formal Hapkido style). There are same group of people attending on both martial arts so you would find a comprehensive package of Korean style training.

Plus some from the European Tang Soo Do community are also affiliated with the same Haedong Kumdo federation that Johannes represents training both TSD & HK. At VMA you can also find interesting to try some other Korean and Japanese Martial Arts that practice there.

Hope you find something suitable for you!
Antti Junikka
Kuvake
TimoS
etupotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 5
Etulaji: Shorin ryu Seibukan karate
Sivulajit: Matayoshi kobudo
Takalajit: Matsuoi-ha Shorinji ryu Renshinkan karate
Yhteystiedot:

Tang Soo Do

Viesti TimoS »

anon123 kirjoitti: heinä 21, 2020, 15.38 I'm going to check the one in Pasila but in case they don't practice TSD anymore, do you know of another martial art thought in Finland that is similar? I searched on internet and found one called Seibukan which seems to have similar katas but I'm not sure since is Japanese and not Korean...
I'm one of the Seibukan practitioners/instructors on this forum and if you're interested in what we do, I can most certainly help you. I'm not very familiar with TSD, maybe my friend [mention]Jussi Häkkinen[/mention] can tell you more about similarities/differences, but as it seems you are in Helsinki area, we are training here also, next to Pitäjänmäki railway station. We are currently on a summer break, but will continue our training in August, I think in the second week of August
Timo Saksholm

Karate wa kunshi no bugei
Kuvake
Jussi Häkkinen
päähänpotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 2
Lauteille: Helmikuu 2005

Tang Soo Do

Viesti Jussi Häkkinen »

Basically, as TSD is an old, koreanized form of Shotokan, it is from the Itosu-branch of Shorin-ryu karate. Seibukan is from the different, yet still somewhat similar in some senses, branch of Shorin-ryu (Kyan Chotoku).

The differences are externally rather vast, but manageable.
Jussi Häkkinen

"Karate ei ole tapa kamppailla. Karate on tapa opettaa kamppailua. Nämä ovat kaksi täysin eri asiaa ja erittäin tärkeä asia ymmärrettäväksi."
Kuvake
JanneM
etupotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 10

Tang Soo Do

Viesti JanneM »

anon123 kirjoitti: heinä 21, 2020, 10.36 Moi! I trained Tang Soo Do for a few years before moving to Finland and now I was wondering if there is any place where I can resume my training perhaps in Helsinki area. Does anybody know a place?
How far are you in Tangsoodo?
There might be possibility to start your own studygroup if you are advanced enough.
The Tangsoodo club that was in Finland years ago was in my oppinion pretty scetchy (I tried to start training with them early 2000’s) not sure if they where legit at all.
-Janne Maunonen-
**No jasinui salmul saralra**
JKL Fight Club
Defendo JKL
American Defendo Academy
anon123
ilmaanpotkija

Tang Soo Do

Viesti anon123 »

JanneM kirjoitti: heinä 21, 2020, 20.45
anon123 kirjoitti: heinä 21, 2020, 10.36 Moi! I trained Tang Soo Do for a few years before moving to Finland and now I was wondering if there is any place where I can resume my training perhaps in Helsinki area. Does anybody know a place?
How far are you in Tangsoodo?
There might be possibility to start your own studygroup if you are advanced enough.
The Tangsoodo club that was in Finland years ago was in my oppinion pretty scetchy (I tried to start training with them early 2000’s) not sure if they where legit at all.
I'm black belt first Dan. According to the World Tang Soo Do Association I could have my own school but I'm not sure that's what I want.
anon123
ilmaanpotkija

Tang Soo Do

Viesti anon123 »

Jussi Häkkinen kirjoitti: heinä 21, 2020, 17.29 Basically, as TSD is an old, koreanized form of Shotokan, it is from the Itosu-branch of Shorin-ryu karate. Seibukan is from the different, yet still somewhat similar in some senses, branch of Shorin-ryu (Kyan Chotoku).

The differences are externally rather vast, but manageable.
Interesting, I will do a search on shotokan then and see what I come across, thanks!
anon123
ilmaanpotkija

Tang Soo Do

Viesti anon123 »

Eize and Timos thanks for the answer I'll keep it in mind. Very helpful!
Kuvake
JanneM
etupotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 10

Tang Soo Do

Viesti JanneM »

There should be Shotokan school(s) near Helsinki area. Those might be a good idea. There is some differences on how to do the forms and sparring is quite different but you should get ahang of Shotokan pretty fast as you know the forms already.

And there is always an oåption to start a study group or a club too. :)
-Janne Maunonen-
**No jasinui salmul saralra**
JKL Fight Club
Defendo JKL
American Defendo Academy
Kuvake
Andy
etupotkija
Etulaji: Potkunyrkkeily
Takalajit: Karate, ju-jutsu
Yhteystiedot:

Tang Soo Do

Viesti Andy »

This is the only Shotokan style karate club in Helsinki, that is a member of finnish Karate Federation. Head coach seems to be portuguese and website is in english.

http://seitokai.eu/

There is also karate clubs that are not members of the federation mut I don't know if any of them teach shotokan style.
Antti Sariola

www.instagram.com/fight_coach_andy/
www.facebook.com/anttisariolakbt/

You can play Football, you can play Rugby, but you can't play K1! - Sensei Will Vanders
Kuvake
Mänzy
etupotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 4
Lauteille: Maaliskuu 2005
Etulaji: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, HEMA
Takalajit: Brasilialainen jujutsu, historiallinen miekkailu (italialainen tyyli)

Tang Soo Do

Viesti Mänzy »

The head coach Tiago Pedroso is very active in handling, promoting etc. his clubs. I can recommend him based on that. I know nothing of karate quality but I know he is very sporty as a person, in a good way :) .
Mikko Mänttäri

In the game of thrones you win, fanat ad patolg, or you die.
anon123
ilmaanpotkija

Tang Soo Do

Viesti anon123 »

Yes I was looking at the webpage of that shotokan and it does looks similar, I'll visit both and let you guys know how it went. Thanks for all the help!
Kuvake
Mänzy
etupotkija
Viestit tässä aiheessa: 4
Lauteille: Maaliskuu 2005
Etulaji: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, HEMA
Takalajit: Brasilialainen jujutsu, historiallinen miekkailu (italialainen tyyli)

Tang Soo Do

Viesti Mänzy »

anon123 kirjoitti: heinä 23, 2020, 08.50 Yes I was looking at the webpage of that shotokan and it does looks similar, I'll visit both and let you guys know how it went. Thanks for all the help!
Good luck! If you happen to run into Tiago, say hi from me. :)
Mikko Mänttäri

In the game of thrones you win, fanat ad patolg, or you die.
Vastaa

Lauteilla

Käyttäjiä lukemassa tätä aluetta: Ei potkulaisia ja 49 kurkkijaa